A new year has begun and one of our new years resolutions is to get a little more deep and personal on the blog. Our little website is growing by the day and as more readers stumble upon our community of travel enthusiasts we thought it would be nice to share some personal information about our lives. This of course is a post about me, Jess. If you weren’t already aware Flying The Nest is run by two people, myself and my other half Stephen. If you are interested in getting to know him a little better check out a bit about him here. So, without further ado …
1. I am such a wuss when it comes to scary movies. I refuse to watch them, and even when a scary trailer comes on in the cinema I have to close my eyes and block my ears otherwise I wont stop thinking about that scary doll the whole time I am in that dark cinema.
2. My first time on a plane was when I was 18 and I went to Queensland with Stephen. It was the scariest thing I have ever done and literally strained Stephen’s hand for holding on to it so tightly. This takes me to number 3 …
3. I am terrified of flying. Take off, landing, turbulence … I hate it. But, I just take deep breaths as the destination is always so worth it!
4. I love reading. I would love to write a novel one day.
5. I am a pescetarian (the only meat I eat is seafood)
6. I am super competitive and I am a self confessed know-it-all.
7. I have never broken a bone, received stitches or even a sprain. *knock on wood*
8. I have a degree in Primary School Education.
9. I love mornings and often annoy those around me when I wake up as I am in such a cheery mood – whilst they are still desperate for their morning coffee.
10. I have a pretty strong Aussie accent.
11. My most favourite animal ever since I was little is a killer whale and a dream of mine is to see them in the wild.
12.I sing all the time … when I am alone. I would never sing properly in front of anyone.
13. I cry super easily. Even when I am happy.
14. My favourite flavour is vanilla. Vanilla ice cream, vanilla yoghurt, vanilla cupcakes, vanilla coke … I just love plain, old vanilla.
15. I am a terrible driver. My car is covered in dents and scratches .. all caused by moi.
16.When I feel comfortable around someone … I turn into a complete weirdo. I get along mostly with people that are silly and don’t take themselves too seriously.
17. I can not stand listening to someone eat cereal.
18. My only regret in life is not learning another language during my schooling.
19. I have the worst selective hearing. I easily zone people out when they are talking to me if I am focusing on something else. It drives Stephen crazy.
20. Christmas Eve is my favourite day out of the entire year! I just love the feeling of anticipation and the excitement that always fills the air throughout the day.
I want to know a fact about you! Leave one in the comments below.
READ NEXT: 20 FACTS ABOUT STEPHEN
[related_posts taxonomy=”category” numberposts=”6″ minimum=”3″ itemsmin=”1″ itemsmax=”3″ image_size=”thumbnail” carousel=”true”]