So, you’ve planned a quick getaway to San Fransisco? Don’t want to blow the bank? Here is how you can travel to one of our favourite cities in the US on a budget.
Where to stay?
One word – Airbnb. For a third of the price of a hotel you can stay in your favourite San Fran neighbourhood. With Airbnb you can book an entire apartment that provides free WiFi, a full-blown kitchen and all the utensils you may need, which means you can also save money on eating out.
Where to eat?
San Fransisco loves there burritos, and La Taqueria knows you to make them delicious and cheap.
2889 Mission St
Their pizza focaccia’s are amazing, and only $5!
700 Stockton St
Love N Haight Deli & Cafe
This pint size deli has a variety of vegetarian and vegan sandwiches available.
553 Haight St
Golden Boy Pizza
For all fellow pizza lovers out there looking for a cheap slice you have to hit up Golden Boy Pizza!
542 Green St
Super Duper Burgers
A burger menu under 10$ – yes please!!
2304 Market St
Any Street Food
In San Fransisco it’s all about the street food. Our favourite place to eat out was Off the Grid, an organisation promoting street food. It has heaps of vendors all in one place, along with music and a bar. You will get food entertainment and nightlife, all in one place!
11 Things To Do For Free
1. Walk or cycle across the Golden Gate Bridge
2. Explore the countries largest China Town
3. Have a picnic at the Golden Gate Park
4. Taste some free chocolate samples at Ghirardelli Square
5. Enjoy the amazing architecture
6. Visit the Mission District and marvel at the 200 colourful murals
7. Admire the view from Coit Tower
8. Take a stroll down the famous steep Lombard Street
9. Take a walk through the lively Fishermans Wharf
10. Go see the sea lions at Pier 39
11. Visit the smallest park in the city at Russian Hill
Do you have any tips and tricks for travelling on a budget?
Featured image sourced via unsplash.com
READ NEXT: EXPLORING THE STEEP STREETS OF SAN FRANSISCO
[related_posts taxonomy=”category” numberposts=”6″ minimum=”3″ itemsmin=”1″ itemsmax=”3″ image_size=”thumbnail” carousel=”true”]