Heading to Los Angeles for a few days, but don’t have a lot to spend on tours and attractions? Well, you don’t need to spend a cent! Here are 14 things to do in LA for FREE!
1. Star gaze at Griffith Observatory: This stunning observatory has amazing astronomy exhibits and displays. If you go once the sun goes down you can take a look into the gigantic telescope.
2. Wander around the Old L.A. Zoo: Explore the ruins of the extinct zoo in the middle of Griffith Park.
3. Stroll along Venice Beach: A visit to LA would not be complete without visiting the iconic Venice beach. Take a stroll along its Ocean Front Walk as you pass cute stalls, amazing street performers and amazing street art. End the day with a cheeky dip in the Pacific Ocean.
4. Stroll down the Hollywood Walk of Fame: Have your star maps at the ready and take a walk down Hollywood Boulevard & Vine Street. Spanning 2.4 miles it encompasses more than 2,500 stars – can you find your favourite celebrity?
5. Free Shakespeare: If you enjoy theater, every summer free performances at Shakespeare by the Sea and Shakespeare at the Park will make for a perfect night out.
6. Window shop along Rodeo Drive: Head into Beverly Hills for the day for an upscale shopping spree … by window. You may even see a celebrity or two if you’re lucky.
7. Spend a day at Santa Monica Pier: Walk along the pier as you pass artists and musicians, stroll through the Pacific Park featuring a solar-powered Ferris Wheel, and watch the sunset as seals play in the waters below.
8. Go watch a TV show LIVE: You can be a part of the live audience for shows such as Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, Ellen and Jimmy Kimmel Live for FREE! To ensure you book your tickets ahead of time.
9. Explore The Grove: This retail complex is full of shops, stalls, a bustling market place and beautiful surroundings. You could easily spend a day window shopping, looking through bookstores, and listening to buskers.
10. Hike to the Hollywood Sign: Starting at Griffith Park you can make the trek up to behind the Hollywood Sign for breathtaking views of Los Angeles.
11. The Original Farmers Market: Located at 3rd Street and Fairfax Avenue is the famous Original Farmers Market. Open since 1934 the markets are open daily, free to enter and have an amazing amount of inexpensive places to eat. The atmosphere alone is worth the visit.
12.Spend a day at the Getty Museum: Enjoy art? Admission is always free at the Getty Center and Getty Villa.
13. Reality TV Fan?: Why don’t you go a check out the American Idol Finale live, or check out a Top Chef restaurant. There are plenty of things to find around LA for the reality TV fan.
14. See the views: Why not spend a morning on the beautiful Runyon Canyon Hike. The top of the hike will give you some of the best views Los Angeles has to offer.
Anything we missed? What else can you do in LA for free?
[related_posts taxonomy=”category” numberposts=”6″ minimum=”3″ itemsmin=”1″ itemsmax=”3″ image_size=”thumbnail” carousel=”true”]